Monday, February 01, 2010

at the Kutay islet

We were at the Kutay islet in Barangay Malajog last week. It was then that I had my first glimpse of the project which Jun Oben is so excited about. What used to be (if I may borrow Jun's words) the longest toilet in the coastal area has been transformed. Hopefully, it will become a pilgrimage site with the 21-foot statue of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, the 14 Stations of the Cross, the Nativity Scene and the Chapel.

The project is expected to be formally inaugurated come September of this year. A good number of Calbayognon pilgrims from San Francisco and other areas have signified their attendance. This pilgrimage tour is currently being organized by my new-found friend Baby Perito.

I will give you more updates on the project in my future blog posts. In the meantime, let me share some pictures (courtesy of my mobile phone again) which I managed to take during our visit.

That's the statue of the "Del Rosario" on top with the 14 Stations of the Cross on the sides.

The statue of the "Del Rosario" as viewed from the 7th station.

A painter working on one of the stations of the cross.

Jun Oben with Asner Dean as they checked on the project.

That's me at the Nativity Scene


the phone video I took while at the top of the islet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails