Wednesday, February 10, 2010

nagtikang na (or images from my old hometown)

So, the official campaign period for the presidentiables has commenced. As with the rest of the country, Calbayog got her share of campaign posters and what have you. Surely, these posters remind us of some images from our (old) hometown (at least during the election season). Don't say the posters have dirtied the place, not yet, wait until it's time for the local bets to do their campaigning. In the meantime, let me give you some pix of posters I managed to take yesterday.

That's Gibo's poster by the poste by the Old Barracks Building. No need to explain the poster at the back.

Should be call that a poste where this poster is? maybe it's puro-poste.

Whoever placed this must have been after the green color of the leaves of the Mango tree, thus forgetting that he or she attached Loren's poster at an electric post.

Hmm, I think I already knew who the stall-owner will vote for. Look at the ribbons decorating the stall.

We will be in for more poster and streamers in the forthcoming months. In the meantime, let me give you something I got from my files. It's a poster welcoming visitors in a certain barangay. Read closely and you'll understand why my comment is: "ah, ini man!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails