Friday, April 02, 2010

my Good Friday diary: an prusisyun

Here are some images I managed to take during today's Good Friday procession. As with the previous years, the procession took a longer route by passing through the city proper and Barangay Obrero. On hand to ensure a peaceful Good Friday observance were the officers and men of PNP Calbayog.

As expected, a good number of Calbayogons were on hand to do what they do best - pluck (no, I think it's more of grab) the flowers that decorated the carrozas. Nakikiuso lang, that's how one young persion explained when asked why he had to get the flowers. And before we start discussing about catechises and teachings on our faith, let me say, "I rest my case".

my favorite carrozas: that of Jesus tied to a pillar, which the Gomez family fondly refer to as an carro san Señor . . .

. . . and this one depicting the 3rd fall of Jesus.

Part of the faithful who joined the procession as they passed by Magsaysay Boulevard

at rotonda area in Barangay Obrero

The crowd in front of the Cathedral after the procession

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails