Friday, October 02, 2009

Just in case you'd be interested (again and again)

And here are some more old pictures of the Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral.

The interior of the Cathedral. Note the frescoed ceiling, the pulpit on the right side, the wrought iron communion rail, and the chandeliers. I checked the original picture, I think I counted 11 chandeliers of various sizes. The retablo is what remains today. When I did my undergraduate thesis on the Cathedral, one interviewee told me that the retablo was supposed to have been torn down during the renovation, fortunately the people learned about it and practically watched over the work on the Cathedral.

This is on the left wing of the Cathedral. It's the monumento on a Holy Thursday years before the renovation. Note the frescoed ceiling and the chandelier.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails