Friday, September 07, 2007

Gab-i san Pagpasalamat

I hosted this year's Hermana Night dubbed as Gab-i San Pagpasalamat. I can't believe it I forgot to take pictures during the event. Anyway, some good friends, among them mana Edel Alegria promised to email me some pix and I would be very glad to share it with you the moment I got it.

Tonight the Hermana Mayor hosted Bishop Isableo Abarquez, Mayor Mel Sarmiento, the Parish Council Officers and a good number of balikbayans and Calbayognons to dinner and dancing and of course, the usual kuratsa which raised more than twenty thousand pesos for the Parish.

I managed to get hold (I think grab is more like it) of the copy of the short thank you speech that Vhiyaja delivered. Here's what she said:

Your Excellency Monsignor Isabelo Abarquez, Honorable Mayor (and Mrs.) Mel Sarmiento, Distinguished Guests, Ladies and Gentlemen, Maupay nga Gab-i sa iyo ngatanan!

On behalf of my sister, Velinda, and the rest of our families, I would like to welcome you all to this Thanksgiving Celebration of Our Lady's Nativity. We are so happy and proud that we are able to participate in Calbayog's biggest event.

I would like to acknowledge the role of some special people who helped us make this event happen. Without them, this celebration would not be a success:
  1. My aunt, Miss Veronica Obong
  2. My godmother, Miss Ignacia Cui
  3. My Uncle, Raul Isidro (who designed the souvenir program)
  4. Mr. & Mrs. Reno Araneta (who printed the souvenir program)
  5. My cousin, Ronnie Obong (my coordinator)
  6. My (new found) good friend, Ronald Ricafort
  7. My cousin, Dominga Dira
  8. The(Parish) Pastoral Council

And to everyone who pulled their resources together to make "Gab-i sa Pagpasalamat" a night to remember.

Let us show our appreciation for all their hard work with a round of applause.

Your presence this evening has made it a special occassion for all of us, one that will be cherished for a long time.

May the Good Lord continue to bless the City of Calbayog and fill us with the abundance of His love and protection.

Salamat sa iyo ngatanan!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails