Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Starting 'em young

There are kids, and there are kids. Whew! What am I saying? 'Neway, there are kids who go to school and there are kids who settle with being at home "para san mga sugo nira nanay ug tatay". And  I hope those kids who go around begging are not doing it upon the instruction of nanay or tatay. And that brings me to that bunch of kids whose pix I took last November 2, yes when we took time to visit our dear departed. They were among those who took time to sell candles. When we asked them what they intend to do with their earning, "balun pag iskwela" was the answer. And there was one kid who sold something different. It's something which looked like flowers arranged in a way that one can use it to decorate well, the tomb of one's dear departed. What made it unique is that it was made of straw, yes straw which one uses to sip soft drink or any drink for that matter. Now, that's what I'll call being resourceful and entrepreneurial. And that's one thing I won't mind seeing our kids do or display, young as they may be.

 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails