Saturday, August 07, 2010

it still happens

Forget about buong barangay on hand to send-off or meet a family member, it happens in other parts of the country, and it happens in my old hometown. I was at the Calbayog airport earlier today to meet my mother who flew in from her vacation in the land of the Chinese (now I'm drooling or maybe it's more like green with envy). Anyway, I used to do it when I was young (and that's at least three decades ago); and together with some well-wishers (how do you call those who are on hand to meet an arriving passenger?), I did it again - at the "chicken wire" fence on the right side of the airport terminal, I waited and watched the aircraft land and stop in front of the arrival gate. Whew! it still happens eh? Nice weekend everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails