Thursday, November 13, 2008

memories of my ROTC days

Hey guys! (I mean the generation of males who had to undergo ROTC before graduating from college). Do you still remember your ROTC days?

Among my memories of those days were the endless formation and marching either - depending upon nature's mood - under the sun or the rain. It suddenly occured to me, it seemed like we seldom had overcast skies those days. Anyway, I can also clearly remember how strict officers can be during the inspection of uniform. Along that line I remember the (now) "classic" command said by an officer assigned to our group during one such inspection, "Those who are not socks, pull out!" Of course what he meant was that those who were not wearing socks had to pullout. No need to mention as to the amusement our group had upon hearing that line. It's an open secret that some officers are snappy as can be, but sadly, their (command of) English is something else.

Anyway, those happy memories of my ROTC days came to mind (who likes to recall sad memories anyway?), it came rushing back when I went to a local school and saw some announcements for the cadets / trainees. Take a look at the pix. Let me remind you to please don't take it serioulsy, let's say, consider it as a trip down memory lane.

"Robber shoes". Is that a brand? Or shoes that rob you?

. . . will be "dealth" accordingly. Okey, maybe an abbreviation of "dealt with".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails