Friday, April 18, 2008

wala lang

The last time I updated everyone about TTMIST was when the said college was cited as being on top among SUCs in Samar and during the hosting of the SCUAA 2007 Solidarity Night.

Last Saturday I was at the campus and I came up with these pictures. When I took these, I had in mind the TTMIST graduates who had been out of Calbayog for quite some time.


The athletic field a.k.a. oval that's a part of the growing up years of many Calbayog athletes

The renovated Socio-Cultural Center



The statue of Tiburcio Tancinco near the giant torch which comes to life (I mean the torch) during the various sports competitions in the city.




and now for the twist . . .


More than the buildings, the TTMIST administration is up on its toes in improving the school in its various aspects in an effort to become a university and in compliance with the recommendations made during the regular visits by the accreditors. Alas, some of her neighbors seem to be dedma to the improvements in the school.


As I have reported earlier, students now use the gates at Brgy. Hamorawon and at Rueda Street extension. The latter is one which leads everyone to the spanking wing of the OLPHI (seen in the pix below. I dunnow what they call that wing) along the Rueda street walkway, a project which is currently being undertaken by the LGU (check this link). The sight is a reminder that something is happening in Calbayog.




. . . but then, old habits die hard. I took these pictures on the day when people were mising the sun because of the rains. And, lo and behold, palay laid on the street to dry . . .



. . . okey, it happens only on harvest time. And again okey, it's not a main street in the city. But then there's something in it which tells me that something is not right.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails