Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chinese New Year at the Sam Tai Chi Temple

The invitation to the Chinese New Year Celebration at the Sam Tai Chi Temple is something I always look forward to every year. The said temple is located on the top floor of the Lim Guan Kho building along Rosales Boulevard. It is own by Tiboy and Iday Chan. Their kids were my schoolmates at the Calbayog Chinese School.


I forgot to take note of the explanations which Anthony Chan gave me regarding the images and the rituals at the temple. In the meantime, let me give you some pictures which i took during yesterday's celebration.

The Lin Guan Kho Building


The "wish candles" which guests lighted and placed at the temple altar

The Prosperity Cakes



And yes, you have to leave your shoes before entering the temple

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails