Saturday, October 08, 2011

Images from my old hometown

It's the second Saturday of the month. I understand this is the they when personnel from a local bank process that cards or what have you for the 4Ps benficiaries. And as with the previous weeks, the ATM machines of Calbayog are crowded (yup, it seems like dire uso sa ira an pag-linya). 

And that leads to a recent dinner conversation with a Conseulo Foundation officer who asked if I support this 4Ps program. It almost caught me off-guard. Some say it's dole-out, others defend it as something modeled after a very successful program of a certain South American country. Anyway, my reply to the question was that among the guidelines that 4Ps beneficiaries had to follow is that they should send their kids to school, and for that I support the program.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails