Saturday, July 31, 2010

in my wish list



This is how I got stuck on "Memory" and the CATS musicale. I remember watching this performance (for the Tony Awards) through our old black and white TV via channel 9 (then the only channel available in Calbayog. How lucky can the new generation be). Anyway, CATS is in Manila. Betty Buckley or Lea Salonga, call it a roadshow or whatever, hey IT'S CATS!

And now the wishes, how I wish I get to watch see it at the CCP, how I wish to hear "Memory" and "Mr. Mistoffelees" and "Rum Tum Tugger" and "Jellicle Song" and whew, the list of songs goes on and on! How I wish!

I did try to make that wish come true but after doing the math (read: plane fare, hotel, taxi fare, show tickets and meals of course), I guess I had to settle for the CD (and yes, the cassette tape which I bought decades ago). Well there will always by YouTube and yes, hopefully some pirated stuff (don't take that line seriously).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails