Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Huling hirit sa tag-araw (or images from my old hometown)

It's official, summer is over, the rainy season is in. That's what PAG-ASA announced about a week ago. And with a few days to go before classes open, add in high tide at midday and yes, the still shining sun (rains were abundant during the summer months), and what do you get? Well, at least for the kids in Obrero (especially near the Rosales and Jasminez bridges), it's diving time. It's been like this for the past so many years (or should I say the past so many generations?). I too have my memories about swimming in the Calbayog river, but making a diving board out of the bridges is one thing I don't remember doing (due to fear of heights perhaps?). Anyway, whatever is your take on it, panlukso sa tulay is certainly one of the fond images I have of my old hometown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails