Monday, April 13, 2009

aga san Viernes Santo sa Calbayog

I woke up late on Good Friday. On my way to the catheral, I noticed that the city streets looked more like New Year's Day. There were few people and PD cabs around.

I'm still waiting for the "better" pictures which Joel Manadong took during the procession. In the meantime, let me share some pix which I took using my mobile phone (as usual).

Sen. Pres. J. D. Avelino Avenue (the portion from the Rosales bridge going to the Cathedral)

Gomez Street with Nijaga Park on the left. On the right at two police officers who were among the good number of PNP officers on duty that day.

Rosales Boulevard (Jollibee on the left) as seen from the Nijaga Park.

This is the usually crowded Navarro Street leading to the paradahan.

Magsaysay Boulevard

Paradahan with the Cosoy Rosales public market on the left.

The fully-decorated "carro san Señor" being brought to the residence of Isabel Gomez - Hernandez.

The Bishop's House before the Good Friday service . . .

. . . and minutes before the procession.
Part of the crowd which led the Good Friday procession as it made its way to the Jasminez Bridge.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails